Workforce Alliance for Growth in the Economy - WAGE™
- WAGE™ is a job readiness training program conducted by the Adult Education Division of the Arkansas Department of Career Education that is no charge to students or employers
- WAGE™ offers 6 state-issued certificates. The certificates are ‘stackable’. Once a student earns Employability they can add to it with additional checklist.
- Customer Service I
- Customer Service II
- Bank Teller
- NWACC Adult Education is partnered with many of the local businesses, industries and agencies, which consider the WAGE certificate when hiring employees or give current employees employer selected considerations.
- Student steps to earning a WAGE Employability Certificate
- TABE test score of 9.0 or above
- Computer Literacy education with computer modules
- Job Readiness Education with computer modules equaling 15 hours or above
- Register with the Department of Workforce Services (if not employed)WAGE Assessment on computer
- WAGE is Adult Education Instructor guided with a student’s personal check-list to track achievements.
- WAGE graduates will be placed on an applicant list for local WAGE employers which are ‘Partners in Education’ to consider for employment.
- The WAGE Certificate is a great addition to any resume.
For additional information, please contact our Career Education Coordinator.