NWACC Honors Program Requirements for Admission
Incoming students: 23 ACT or 90 COMPASS (reading)
Current students: 3.5 GPA (based on 12 non-developmental (non-remedial) credit hours at NWACC)
Please submit the following
documents in person, by mail, or via e-mail to Sabrina Chesne.
Applications for admission into the program are accepted throughout the year.
Office: Burns Hall 1118
Mail: Sabrina Chesne
NorthWest Arkansas Community College
One College Dr.
Bentonville, AR 72712
Please supply a 250 word essay requesting admission to the program and discussing your interest and reason.
For example, why do you think the program would be a good fit? What about honors in general, or a specific class, interests you? What do you hope to gain from the experience?
2. Application for Admission
Please complete the Application for Admission into the Honors Program and turn it in with your essay.
To receive Honors Program Graduate distinction, program members must:
- Fulfill all their NWACC degree requirements
- Complete 12 credit hours of Honors courses, including 6 credit hours in CORE courses (whice are identified on the Honors Courses page) with a grade of B or higher.
- Compile an Honors Program Portfolio that receive a satisfactory evaluation.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA in all coursework at NWACC.
- Members are also encouraged to participate in Service Learning and/or EMPACTS projects (though this is not a requirement).
Honors Program members are encouraged to take at least one Honors course each semester. Many students begin in Honors with a Composition I Honors class, then enroll in other Honors courses over the next three semesters.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding eligibility or graduation requirements.