Main Content Start
We help parents succeed as students
The Arkansas Career Pathways program helps support parents who are students. We offer services that help you succeed and help you land a job after completion of your studies.
Thank you for your interest in the Career Pathways program. The Arkansas Career Pathways program is an employability grant designed to provide support services for parents attending college classes. The goal is to help individuals become self-sufficient by increasing employability skills through higher education and training.
Participants will have access to:
- Case management services to assist with setting goals and planning support systems and resources while in college
- Assistance finding jobs while in school and careers upon graduation
- Extra instruction for building successful academic and employment skills
- Access to a computer lab for doing homework and improving computer skills
In addition, some parents may qualify for assistance with childcare, transportation, and tuition, books, and other direct educational expenses. Assistance decisions are made on a case-by-case basis after the intake process is complete.
- You must be a resident of the state of Arkansas
- You must be the parent of a child under age 21 living in your home, AND
- You must be receiving Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) now, or have received TEA in the past, OR
- You must be receiving food stamps or Medicaid, OR
- You must have annual family income below 250% of federal poverty level (about $45,775
annually for a family of three)
- If you are not receiving TEA, Food Stamps, Medicaid, or ARKids, you MUST submit proof of income along with your application. This can be a pay stub, unemployment check stub, most recent tax documents, etc.
Steps to Apply
1) Come by our Career Pathways office to pick up and complete a pre-application.
2) Complete and submit to Career Pathways using one of the following methods:
- In Person
- via mail (Career Pathways, One College Dr, Bentonville, AR 72712)
3) We will mail a packet of materials for your review. If you remain interested in the program, you must then provide us with the required information. An interview will be scheduled once all documentation has been received.