Main Content Start
Stay in the Know.
Managing life's responsibilities during a pandemic- taking classes online, working more or working less, home schooling and social distancing from family and friends - can make it difficult to stay focused on achieving your educational goals and/or performing your job. Although there are many uncertainties in the world right now, one thing is certain: We will get through this together.
The purpose of this COVID-19 webpage is to keep our college community informed regarding NWACC's response to the pandemic. Please check this website often to stay up to date.
NOTE: Be sure to also monitor your NWACC email to stay updated on NWACC’s response to the
COVID-19 (coronavirus). Due to the fluidity of the situation, public relations emails
will reach employees and students the quickest. Updates to the college's website: www.nwacc.edu/coronavirus will be done as quickly as possible.
LATEST UPDATE - 6.29.20
- Spring 2020 commencement ceremonies are postponed, but the college plans to hold an in-person ceremony in December for spring and fall 2020 graduates. Once ceremony details are finalized, the college will be notified.
- Summer classes are offered online. See fall class options below.
- Student Services such as registration, enrollment and advising are available online.
- Be sure to monitor your NWACC email for more details regarding returning to campus, and check the Returning to Campus - Students web page often.
Fall 2020 Class Options Update:
This fall, NWACC plans to offer a variety of course options designed to offer you a high-quality education and a safe environment. Course instruction will be offered on campus, online at a scheduled time and online anytime.
- On-Campus & Online Scheduled Time: Many labs and technical courses will offer social distancing face-to-face instruction
at a set time and on campus. Other courses will be offered through a hybrid approach which includes social distancing
face-to-face instruction and online instruction via live streaming.
- Online Scheduled Time: Some courses will be offered to students remotely through a video conferencing tool
at a scheduled time. The class will be streamed live and students will be able to ask questions and participate
- Online Anytime: Many courses will be offered to students by online technology and NOT at a scheduled time. Instructors will be available to answer questions by email or other conferencing technology.
- NWACC employees will return to work on campus in phases.
- Be sure to check your NWACC email for more details regarding returning to campus, and view safety guidelines on the Returning to Campus - Employees web page.
Your flexibility and understanding is appreciated as our college community works to continue to offer quality higher education while keeping in mind the safety and health of our students and employees.
Please view an encouraging video message by NWACC President Dr. Jorgenson:
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Learn about symptoms, transmission, testing, treatment and how to prevent getting sick.
NWACC's Response to COVID-19
Read more about NWACC's response to COVID-19, including sanitation measures, moving courses online, and social distancing.
Online Resources & Services
View online resources that can help you enroll in classes, get in touch with teachers, and connect you to services which are now available virtually.
Travel and Events
Learn more about travel restrictions abroad, out of state and throughout the state due to COVID-19, and what to do if you've traveled to an infected area.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the college requires all students, employees and visitors to wear a face covering while at NWACC.
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that students and employees have many questions during these uncertain times. View the answers we can currently provide.