Main Content Start
Banking & Finance
You can start a career in banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions
and be ready to enter the workforce immediately after graduating from this two-year
program. If you are a banking professional who has accumulated education credit with
the Center for Financial Training you have the opportunity as well to earn a degree
This degree is available 95% online.
- Describe financial markets and institutions in the United States.
- Use economic concepts relevant to financial markets to make good banking decisions.
- Make proficient use of consumer and commercial lending laws and practices in the banking environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Prepare marketing plans for the banking industry and demonstrate understanding of consumer choices in banking.
See your specific degree plan and advisor for class details and sequence. Search Course Listing for class dates and times.
Degree & Careers:
Many Banking and Finance courses at NWACC carry transfer credit to four-year institutions and can fulfill general education requirements.
Those who pursue a degree in Finance may find job opportunities in the following occupations:
- Assistant Credit Manager
- Assistant Back Office Manager
- Credit Analyst
- Junior Loan Officer
- Loan Interviewer